I've been walking a long road toward wellness, since my body fell apart from chronic Lyme disease over 12 years ago. Since then, I've learned that becoming whole isn't just a matter of whacking some bugs with an antibiotic or eating organic salmon and salads. It's not just a matter of healing the daddy wounds or coming to grips with a lifelong story of rejection.

It's about finding a relationship of unconditional love with God, because it is love- not a doctor, herb or belief system- that ultimately heals the whole person. Yet God gives us answers to healing through holistic medicine, as well as by His supernatural hand.

Indeed, most of the focus of the books that I've written has been upon medicine, but I realize that it's time to share all that I have learned from God as I have walked through the dark valley of this past decade. This includes strategies that heal the heart and spirit, as well as the body.

My knowledge is based upon my belief that Jesus Christ still heals supernaturally today, and that spiritual healing is the highest level of healing that we can attain to. Spiritual health can make us completely well, but it is also noble and good to seek healing at the physical level.

The journey to wholeness is always a journey, as none of us ever completely arrives this side of Heaven, but we can enter into a place of relative health and peace, with joy as the centerpiece of our days. I'm not there, but I am not the same person I was a decade ago. May victory be upon your horizon as it has been upon mine...

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Finding a Diet That's Best for Your Biochemistry


For many years during my battle with chronic illness, I found it challenging to find foods that would help me to heal and recover. It was equally challenging to avoid foods that made me feel worse.  Much of our food supply is toxic, and our supermarket shelves are lined with food-like products that provide little or no nutrition to the body.

Besides the fact that I struggled to discern which foods in the store were healthy for me, I also didn't know what kind of foods were best for a person with chronic Lyme disease, adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, and other problems that I battled.

It was frustrating, as for years, multiple food allergies, a toxic food supply, and differing doctors' opinions and diet books pulled me in a thousand different directions and I often felt confused about what my body really needed.

Among the admonitions I received- "Don't eat grains or sugar, because it feeds the bugs..." "Don't eat dairy, because it's loaded with toxins and causes inflammation..." "Don't eat fruit, because it will worsen adrenal fatigue..." "Don't eat meat, because it will cause your body to become acidic." "Don't eat starchy vegetables, because they contain too much sugar..." "Don't eat the same foods every day, or you will become allergic to them." "Don't eat nuts, because they are fattening.''   "Don't eat fish, because it contains mercury."

Imagine my frustration as, after so many admonitions, I wondered what I could eat! And why, if all the admonitions were correct, didn't a diet of chicken and non-starchy vegetables satisfy me? Yes, having a serious chronic health condition meant that I had to restrict or avoid some types of foods, but the multitude of conflicting blanket recommendations about what to eat (and especially what NOT to eat!) didn't help me, either.

Over the years, as I have researched the topics of diet and nutrition, I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all diet that works for everyone. We all have a unique biochemistry, lifestyle and needs, and I've learned that it's essential to consider such things as your body pH, metabolic type, food allergies, and current health condition, when determining what to eat.

Also, I've learned that it's important to listen to your body and pay attention to how foods make you feel. If you are like me, chronic illness caused my body to react badly to a lot of foods, and many of the diets I tried left me feeling depressed, tired or hungry. Finally, I began to heed my body's response to different foods- not my cravings, or the latest food fad.  In doing this, I found that my symptoms diminished and my recovery accelerated.

Because of what I've learned, I wrote Foods That Fit a Unique You  with Dr. W. Lee Cowden, who has also found, based on his over 25 years of experience with patients, that one-size-fits-all diets don't work for people either, and that individualized diets are best for helping people to recover from different chronic health conditions.

This book is short and succinct- only 175 pages- but power-packed with information and tips that we hope will help others to identify the foods that their bodies most need, and which will help them to heal or simply feel better.

Foods That Fit a Unique You is the second of three books in Dr. Cowden's and my Journey to Wellness series.  To learn more about the series, or this book, I invite you to visit my website: www.ConnieStrasheim.com, where you can also order a signed copy of my latest works.

Blessings!




3 comments:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete